What is insurance Underwriting? Interested in becoming an Underwriter? Are you an Underwriter hoping to advance your career? Does your team require Underwriting training and development? If so, discover and explore LOGiQ3's Underwriting Training Program.
LOGiQ3 offers a one-of-a kind underwriting training program to the North American and global underwriting community and those who need to understand underwriting in more detail. It is an intensive program, covering all facets of risk selection available in both a traditional classroom setting and an E-Learning solution.
We are pleased to offer the opportunity for underwriters to learn at their own pace, anywhere, anytime, through our state of the art E-Learning Video Training platform.
We have trained over 95+ underwriters since we first launched this program on April 23, 2007!
Unique to our training program is the option of a mentoring and co-signing program. This service is most suitable to the new underwriting graduate introduced into the production underwriting department. We alleviate the burden that co-signing can bring to your existing resources by assisting you with this task, providing you with an evaluation report which tracks the progress of the graduate and assists you with granting the initial approval limit.
Who is our Underwriting Training Program Best Suited For?
We offer underwriting training programs for:
- Underwriters of all levels; New/Entry Level, Junior, Intermediate, and Senior
- Underwriters looking for continuing education or advancing to the next experience level
- Life Insurance Advisors - we have designed a program specifically to suit the needs of life insurance advisors. Learn more about our Life Advisor Underwriting Support services.
- Graduates with disciplines in Finance, Accounting, Health & Life Sciences, Kinesiology, and Medicine seeking for a career in Underwriting
- Our training program is most suitable as a corporate training solution
- Our program is available as a corporate or individual solution
E-Learning Video Training
Building upon the success of the classroom course, E-Learning is taking training to the next level. With anytime, anywhere access, all the learner needs is a web browser and is able to train on their schedule at their own pace. As there are no travel expenses, E-Learning reduces training costs compared to classroom courses.
Frequent knowledge quizzes and case studies are designed to check the learner's understanding and ensure that the information is being retained. By using 'real' cases and having the learner interact with real underwriters, this training process prepares the learner for life in an underwriting department.
Our E-Learning training solution is delivered through an web-based Learning Management System (LMS) coupled with video lectures.
Regardless of training method, our mentoring services can assist and support you with the transition of new graduate trainees into the production environment of the underwriting department.
Medicine is progressing in leaps and bounds and medical advances and new treatments and diagnostic techniques can affect how a risk is underwritten. LOGiQ3 is committed to supporting continuous learning for underwriters. Keeping underwriters of all skill levels knowledgeable and up to date is another way of managing the risk in your organization. Blending the theory with the practical is an effective teaching tool and provides the desired results.
Our E-Learning training solution is both suitable as a corporate or individual solution. Our corporate solution can be customized as a multiple student package. Individuals interested in self-learning can purchase the course by modules, bundles, or the full course. Whatever your needs are, we have a training solution for you.
To learn more about our innovative E-Learning video training program or to purchase this training option, get in touch with us today!
Traditional Classroom Training
The classroom program is usually taught to new underwriting trainees and is geared to junior and intermediate underwriters who require the in-depth knowledge of the impairment to reach the next level of underwriting. At the same time it has been shown to have great value to the life claims adjudicator and distribution support team.
This course will run over six to eight weeks (depending on the classroom size), with a majority of the time spent in our classroom located in Toronto, ON. Students who successfully complete this course return to their organizations willing, capable and excited about continuing their underwriting career.
A minimum of five students are required to hold a class. Please fill in this form if you would like to be put onto our classroom training list.
We offer a range of pricing options which vary depending on the method of training; Classroom or E-Learning and these options can be further tailored to the client’s needs.
Pricing options include:
- Per Module (E-Learning Only) – The student pays for each training module separately
- Per Bundle (E-Learning Only) – The student pays for multiple modules at a discounted rate from the per module option. We have crafted a collection of sample bundles for certain areas of focus.
- Full Course - The student gains access to all the modules available during a 12 month period from the time of sign up.
- Licenses – Organizations pay for multiple students/geographies to access the underwriting training program for a period of time i.e. Annually
Have a look at our comprehensive list of modules currently available!